Leverage Your Downtime for a Strong Recovery
As you find your practice in "downtime," it's a great opportunity to refocus, retool, and reorganize areas of your practice. Those projects that can never get started can get completed now! To help you begin, our 360 Consultant Team has put together a checklist of projects. While no practice requires each of these items, you will find projects that your practice does require.
The impact360 team is available to answer any questions to help navigate these unsettling times; please don't hesitate to reach out.
STAY POSITIVE. STAY CONNECTED. EMBRACE CHANGE.
- Stay connected and reassuring to patient families. Increase contact.
- Generate report to review patients with appliances that may need attention (Carriere motion, Forsus, Expanders,High torque AWs etc)
- New Patient phone call and Scheduling cross training
- Follow-up on insurance delinquencies
- Clean-up practice management data
- Review Observation statuses & identify age 12-14 patients for appointing
- Review/Clean up Patient Statuses
- Declutter reception desk and remove items not used everyday
Train clinical team on uDesign, powered by uLab
- Check expiration dates on all supplies
- Streamline Inventory-Discard/retire items not currently used
- Deep clean lab
- Sanitize and declutter all surfaces in clinic, sink areas, & toothbrushing stations
- Patient return requires spotless cleanliness
- Practice & improve digital scan time
- Expand knowledge of scanner features:
- iTero Viewer & Digital Simulations
- Watch Jackie Dorst's AAO COVID-19 webinar: Coronavirus Management in the OrthoPractice
- Organize a plan for "FastRestart"
- Create a plan to accommodate COVID-19 schedule changes
- Initiate a plan for completing previously delayed projects
- Revise 2020 budget by department
- Review and revise office manual(s)
- Research teledentistry for your practice
- Consider Zoom for remote teamwork
- Create a team reading list
- Who Moved My Cheese?
- The Checklist Manifesto - How to Get Things Right
- What Customers Crave
- Let Gaidge be a partner in recovery 800.287.3396 - Schedule coaching sessions
- Read the McGill Hill Group article: "How the New Emergency Paid Sick Leave Affects Your Practice"
- Create/revise 2020 marketing plan
- Strong summer promotions, contests
- Social media calendar
- Community & Referring doctor projects
- Design an upbeat "Welcome Back" environment in reception area
- Update referring doctor lunch & learn presentations
- Research and initiate a Virtual Exam invitation on your website