Gaidge can collect personal information in a number of ways. Gaidge collects information from customers to whom Gaidge provide services, as those customers will be required to set up an account with Gaidge and to disclose certain non-public, personal information. Gaidge may also collect personal information when you use or visit Gaidge websites or attend a Gaidge sponsored or hosted event.
Gaidge believes in the importance of handling your personal information carefully and is committed to having transparent privacy practices. For complete privacy details for customers who use Gaidge services, in addition to this policy, see also our customer privacy statement within the Gaidge application.
If a customer declines to provide personal information or asks us to delete it, we may be unable to continue to provide or support our products or services.
Types of Personal Information that Gaidge May Collect From You:
The type of information we collect will depend on your interactions with Gaidge . It may include:
Contact and Log In Information. Name, practice name, business name, employer, title, email address, physical address, phone number, and similar contact info, user names and passwords.
Payment Information. Credit card number, banking information and billing address.
Demographic Information. Gaidge does not regularly gather demographic information, but may occasionally collect age, gender, regional and operational details in aggregated formats.
Registration Information. Product registration information, product interest information, transaction information, orthodontic license, and in some cases, staff license or verification information. We may also collect registration information related to your attendance at Gaidge events, including travel info, scheduling information, food preferences or allergies, accessibility requests and others.
Third Party Data. We may receive your personal information from third party suppliers or partners. If you connect with Gaidge accounts on third party social networking sites, we may receive information about your social networking accounts, for example, your name, user name or display name, public profile, and email address. We may combine information you provide with data we collect automatically and with data we receive from third parties. Certain third parties, including analytics companies, advertisers and ad networks, may automatically collect information about you through our websites using cookies, Web beacons, and device identifiers, including personal information about your online activities over time and across different websites, devices, online channels and applications.
Images, Video and Recordings. Pictures, videos or audio recordings may be collected by Gaidge . For example, if you attend a Gaidge event, your image may be captured in a photo or video. If you call Gaidge customer support, your call may be recorded.
We may facilitate third party services or ways to share data through third parties, including social media platforms, websites, applications, and services through "plug-ins," widgets, buttons, and other third party features connected with our websites, communications or products.
If you have any questions about the privacy practices of other websites, you should contact the relevant parties controlling these websites for more information.
Why Gaidge May Collect and Use Personal Information
Reasons for Collecting and/or Using Your Information. We will only process your personal information where at least one of the following applies:
• We need to collect and use your personal information to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you and to provide you with tools and services;
• You have given consent to use your personal information. You may withdraw consent by "opting out" where we give you the opportunity to do so, or by contacting us using the contact details on our website;
• If it is necessary for us to use your personal information in order to comply with a legal obligation; or
• You have chosen to make the information public. You should not share any personal information which you wish to keep confidential or private.
How Gaidge Uses Personal Information
• Provide and deliver products or services, including software updates;
• Operate and improve our operations, systems, products, and services;
• Understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience;
• Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
• Provide service and support, such as sending confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and administrative messages and providing customer support and troubleshooting;
• Communicate with you and your referrals about promotions, upcoming events, and news about products and services offered by Gaidge and our selected partners;
• Link or combine information about you with other personal information we get from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better and more personalized service;
• Enforce our terms and conditions or protect our business, partners, or users; or
• Protect against, investigate, and deter fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity
Protecting Your Personal Information
Gaidge works to keep your personal information confidential and secure and does not sell your personal data. We do not have, nor would we be able to disclose, health or other personal information and we do not share your individual practice information. Only in limited circumstances, as described in this Policy, will Gaidge share your personal information with third parties.
Your Gaidge account is password-protected so that only you and authorized Gaidge staff have access to your account information. In order to maintain this protection, do not give your password to anyone. If you share a computer, you should sign out of your Gaidge account and close the browser window before someone else logs on. This will help protect your information from disclosure to third parties.
Disclosing personal information., Gaidge may share your personal information with third parties in certain limited circumstances. For example:
· We may share your personal information when you have your permission, including when you choose to post to our websites;
· We will disclose your personal information to comply with legal requirements, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena. We also may disclose your personal information in response to a law enforcement agency's request, or where we believe it is necessary to investigate, verify, prevent, enforce compliance with, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; suspected fraud; situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person; protection of the rights and property of Gaidge , our agents, customers, or others; violations or suspected violations of our agreements and policies; or as otherwise required or permitted by law or consistent with legal requirements;
· We may transfer or disclose your personal information for corporate reasons, for example, to third parties in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, bankruptcy or similar transaction. We may also share personal information with our auditors, attorneys or other advisors in the connection with corporate functions.
· Finally, we also share aggregated, anonymized or statistical information with others for a variety of purposes, for example, for improving education, products and services for Gaidge and others.
We attempt to notify you about legal demands for your Personal Information when appropriate in our judgment, unless prohibited by law or court order or when the request is an emergency. We may dispute such demands when we believe, in our discretion, that the requests are overbroad, vague or lack proper authority, but we do not promise to challenge every demand.
Controlling your Personal Information. Our marketing emails permit you to "opt-out" of receiving further marketing emails. You may contact us at email@example.com at any time to let us know that you no longer wish to receive further marketing emails. If you opt-out, we may still send you transactional emails. Transactional emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you, such as renewals and updates, and, as allowed by applicable law, requests for your participation in surveys.
When you use our websites, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies from our servers. If you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our websites.
Our Retention of Your Personal Information
We use and retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it is being processed, to carry out legitimate business interests, as well as on the basis of applicable legal and contractual requirements (such as applicable statutes of limitation).
Your Privacy Choices
You may have certain rights relating to your Personal Information, subject to local data protection law. Whenever you choose to visit our Site or use our Services, we aim to provide you with choices about how we use your Personal Information. Subject to applicable law, you may obtain a copy of Personal Information we maintain about you. In addition, if you believe that Personal Information we maintain about you is inaccurate, subject to applicable law, you may have the right to request that we correct or amend the information by contacting us as indicated in the "How to Contact Us" section below. To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to the information.
The Sites and Services are not designed or intended to be used by anyone under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, do not use the Services, or make purchases via the Services, use any interactive features of the Services, or post any Personal Information to our Sites or submit any Personal Information via the Services. We do not knowingly or intentionally gather Personal information about children who are under the age of 13. If a child has provided us with Personal Information, a parent or guardian of that child may contact us to have the information deleted from our records. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under age 13 in the applicable jurisdiction, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org. If we learn that we have inadvertently collected the Personal Information of a child under 13, or equivalent minimum age depending on jurisdiction, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible and cease the use of that information in accordance with applicable law.
Direct Marketing and "Do Not Track" Signals
Gaidge does not track its users over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. However, some third party sites do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you. If you are visiting such sites, your browser may include controls to block and delete cookies, web beacons and similar technologies, to allow you to opt out of data collection through those technologies.
California residents are entitled to contact us to request information about whether we have disclosed Personal Information to third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. Under the California "Shine the Light" law, California residents may opt-out of our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. You may choose to opt-out of the sharing of your Personal Information with third parties for marketing purposes. To make such a request you should send (a) an email to email@example.com with the subject heading "California "Shine the Light" Privacy Rights," or (b) a letter addressed to Gaidge [INSERT ADDRESS]. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the California privacy rights requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response. We reserve our right not to respond to requests submitted to addresses other than the addresses specified in this paragraph.